Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pictures

Here are the pictures I mentioned in the last post.


This is the not so great baby afgan. There are several reasons for the name! For starters this is my very first afgan so I have of course made lots of mistakes and learned tons about crocheting. One major flaw is that I actually made it too long. So for it to be proportionate it is really going to be huge for a baby. But hopefully it will be the thought that counts!

Next are the burp cloths. Aren't these just the cutest thing. I really like the way they turned out. They are functional and yet extremely cute.
 Because I have been making hairbows, I decided to make a "hairbow holder". All you have to do is fasten the hair clips to the bow and ta-da...you have a place to store the bows. The 'm' of course is for Mylee.
Last but not least, is the itty bitty dress, I made.  This pattern took me about 2 hours. However,  I am not a skilled seamstress. What I love about this pattern is the simplicity, yet the embellishments can help to 'kick it up' so to speak. This is made from a vintage sheet I thrifted at my local store.

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

Oh, I love all of it! You did a great job.

I can't believe you say you don't sew...as that dress looks store bought for sure.

The baby blanket looks wonderful...a little long just means more to cuddle up with.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

K-Sue said...

These are all so sweet! The blanket looks cuddly. Don't worry about the blanket being huge for the baby - my 9-year-old still gets out her 2 favorite baby afghans in the winter - another 30 inches would be helpful:)

Keri said...

You are so creative!! I'm so excited for you. I know grandchildren are special. And I can tell that little Mylee is going to be spoiled rotten!!!