Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Garage Sale Finds


Last Saturday, I decided to go garage-sale shopping while Blake was at football practice. The weather was a little chilly but I was hoping for some good finds anyway. And what a great day it turned out to be. I have been wanting dh to make a wall-mounted quilt rack for ages, and at my very first stop there it was. For only $4 no less.  The Indian Maiden quilt top was handmade by my granny years ago. The arrowhead quilt was made by my mother-in-law, for my dh who loves to collect arrowheads. Aren't they both gorgeous!

I love this Harold Laughlin platter. It is in the Virginia Rose scroll pattern. I have a "thing" for platters. I inherited that quirk from my mother, so when I came across this bargain I couldn't pass it up. They had two for 3 bucks. One for me and one for mom!
Now I know that the pattern is a snowflake, but really I don't care. I love a true red, and so these were just the update my kitchen needed. I think they are adorable. They were purchased with an old high back baby high-chair, but I couldn't get a good pic of it. However, the lovely lady I purchased it from said her children used it 30 years ago. So there is another project for dh as it didn't come with a tray. He is sure that he can build one though; me too.

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Great finds. I love the redware too. Don't think of it as a snowflake but as a burst of red light passing through a prism ;-)
(we just read Pollyanna here).

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted