Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Glad Game

Have you ever watched the movie Pollyanna? It is wonderful, kind of a warm fuzzy of a movie. Well, Kimmie, from Over the Moon with Joy is sponsoring a Glad Game right now. It is based on the movie because the young Pollyanna never has a bad word to say. She has suffered serious setbacks in her life but refuses to dwell on negativity.
When I taught 2nd grade there would always come a time when the arguing and complaining would begin. That's when I would show 'Pollyanna'. It always worked wonders on their attitudes.
So, this is how you play the glad game. You find something to be glad about in every situation even if it is the most minute detail. Then you focus on it instead of the "bad".
For instance: My son Blake has recently begun driving. It is not something I really have looked forward to. He doesn't get to drive everyday yet, but on the occasions when he does I am a basketcase. I think of all sorts of mishaps. However, my silver lining is that this time in our lives has boosted my prayer life greatly. I spend much of my time praying for that hedge to be around him and my faith is growing daily. I often wonder if my mother worried this much when I started driving!

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

Yeah! Thanks for playing!


I for one worried for the first month too, everytime my daughter went out and wasn't home when I thought she should be home. I too prayed...and as I did God helped me to trust Him more and more. She has been driving now since February and that sick feeling in my stomach is gone while she is away from home. Yeah God.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Kimmie said...

:-0

Just wanted you to know that I had to crash the list (with the help of Brent Riggs the owner of MckLinky). So I lost your connecting post. I just didn't want you to think I removed you. There site got tapped into and my list was full of spam (well all besides yours)...sorry friend.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Kimmie said...

Hi Kristen;

The photo editing...just email them to me. Clear pictures edit the best...fuzzy ones don't come out that great. The price...well you pick what you want to give...I am just eager to keep the money rolling in so we can get our girl home.

Bless you for asking. really.
my email is on my side bar.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted