Monday, September 21, 2009

Meatballs

I am sure that some people think meatballs are outdated. A food of the past....not me! My family loves them and I have used this recipe to make several varieties of meatballs.

Hamburger ( For 4 people I use 1lb)
grated or minced garlic,
one clove2 Tbsp. of minced onion, make sure it is chopped very, very fine
1/2 tsp. dried mustard
1 Tbsp. each of parsley and basil
1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. pepper
1 egg
Bread Crumbs (approx. 1/2 cup, I use italian seasoned crumbs)
Cooking oil, I prefer olive oil
Mix all ingredients in order of list, making sure mixture is moist enough to hold together in a ball. If not, add another egg.
I use a pampered chef scoop to make the meatballs, that way they are all same size and cook evenly.


Last night I used this recipe to make spaghetti and meatballs since it is Blake's favorite;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you...meatballs are great for a family meal. I really like this recipe. It differs from my own. Will have to test yours out.